Potomac Fund Management (“Company”) is an SEC registered investment adviser located in Easton, Maryland. Company and its representatives are in compliance with the current filing requirements imposed upon SEC registered investment advisers by those states in which Company maintains clients. Company may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Company’s web site is limited to the dissemination of general information pertaining to its advisory services, together with access to additional investment-related information, publications, and links.
Accordingly, the publication of Company’s web site on the Internet should not be construed by any consumer and/or prospective client as Company’s solicitation to effect, or attempt to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, over the Internet. Any subsequent, direct communication by Company with a prospective client shall be conducted by a representative that is either registered or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration in the state where the prospective client resides. For information pertaining to the registration status of Company, please contact the SEC or the state securities regulators for those states in which Company maintains a notice filing. A copy of Company’s current written disclosure statement discussing Company’s business operations, services, and fees is available from Company upon written request. Company does not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness, or relevance of any information prepared by any unaffiliated third party, whether linked to Company web site or incorporated herein, and takes no responsibility therefore. All such information is provided solely for convenience purposes only and all users thereof should be guided accordingly.
Please remember that different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that the future performance of any specific investment or investment strategy (including those undertaken or recommended by Company), will be profitable or equal any historical performance level(s).
Certain portions of Company’s web site (i.e. newsletters, articles, commentaries, etc.) may contain a discussion of, and/or provide access to, Company (and those of other investment and non-investment professionals) positions and/or recommendations as of a specific prior date. Due to various factors, including changing market conditions, such discussion may no longer be reflective of current position(s) and/or recommendation(s). Moreover, no client or prospective client should assume that any such discussion serves as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized advice from Company, or from any other investment professional. Company is neither an attorney nor an accountant, and no portion of the web site content should be interpreted as legal, accounting or tax advice.
Rankings and/or recognition by unaffiliated rating services and/or publications should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results if Company is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services, nor should it be construed as a current or past endorsement of Company by any of its clients. Rankings published by magazines, and others, generally base their selections exclusively on information prepared and/or submitted by the recognized adviser.
To the extent that any client or prospective client utilizes any economic calculator or similar interactive device contained within or linked to Company’s web site, the client and/or prospective client acknowledges and understands that the information resulting from the use of any such calculator/device, is not, and should not be construed, in any manner whatsoever, as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized individual advice from Company, or from any other investment professional.
Each client and prospective client agrees, as a condition precedent to his/her/its access to Company’s web site, to release and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, owners, employees and agents from any and all adverse consequences resulting from any of his/her/its actions and/or omissions which are independent of his/her/its receipt of personalized individual advice from Company.
Social Media Participation Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines to ensure a safe and useful experience. By accessing any Potomac Fund Management (“Potomac”) social media sites or blogs, you agree to comply with these Participation Guidelines as well as engagement rules related to each social media platform on which Potomac pages may appear.
The content on Potomac’s social media pages is for informational use only and is not intended to be an offer, recommendation or personal investment advice by us regarding any investment or product. Through its social media pages, Potomac and its representatives are not providing ERISA, tax, insurance or legal advice.
Please stay on topic so that the conversation can remain relevant. Use common courtesy within our communities and share your opinions and feedback in a respectful manner.
The following types of posts will be deleted, removed, or hidden at Potomac’s discretion:
- Posts that include fraudulent, inaccurate, negative, libelous, false, or misleading information including such information about Potomac, its products, producers, services or those of its competitors.
- Posts that are disparaging in nature or include offensive, inflammatory or inappropriate commentary or content.
- Posts that include profanity, are defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning, or depict unsafe activities.
- Posts that contain threats, suggest violence or illegal behavior will be deleted and users will be blocked.
- Posts that contain any personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, or any other nonpublic information such as social security numbers.
- Posts that contain requests to open an account, request a transaction, ask personal customer service questions or ask about your investments. Please contact a Potomac representative instead.
- Posts that spam, solicit, advertise, promote or endorse any commercial, financial, political or governmental organization. Our social media pages are not for the endorsement of third parties.
Here are some best practices to keep in mind to ensure your post, comment or message will not be deleted:
- Do not violate another’s copyright or intellectual property.
- Do not be disruptive with posts that are excessively repetitive. If we remove your post, please do not repost as your post was likely in violation of these guidelines.
- Do not post any information that contains proprietary, confidential, sensitive, or nonpublic information.
- Do not post links that redirect followers to fraudulent or malicious sites, or contain any kind of virus, spyware, malware or other malicious code.
- Do not engage in any activity that could result in, facilitate, cause or aid and abet insider trading.
- Do not act as a representative or spokesperson for Potomac without obtaining prior approval from Potomac. Further, if you have a business relationship with Potomac you may have an obligation to disclose that relationship as a part of any post. Contact Potomac with questions how to obtain approval or provide disclosures.
- Do not post financial recommendations, reviews, testimonials or endorsements as there can be serious implications for providing unsolicited advice.
Be smart about protecting yourself, your privacy and the privacy of others. What you publish is widely accessible and will be around for a long time, so consider the content carefully prior to posting. Do not post personal information including your social security number, driver’s license number, bank account or credit card information, or other sensitive personal information that could be used to compromise your identity.Do not post any reference to personal information about others, including name or information that may be used to identify or locate another individual, that may be used to compromise another person’s identity or that could otherwise be deemed to constitute invasion of another person’s privacy.
Third Party Sites
Potomac does not assume responsibility for content, opinions, statements or viewpoints posted by followers or fans on its social media pages. As an organization Potomac does not make endorsements via social media. We may post information from or to third party sites if we find the information useful or relevant but this does not constitute an official endorsement or recommendation on behalf of Potomac. Any content, including posts, responses, and videos, on our social media sites should not be considered as an advertisement, endorsement or financial or tax advice. Even though Potomac reserves the right to remove any post at any time for any reason, if we don’t remove a post that doesn’t mean Potomac endorses its content or views.
Potomac will never solicit or ask for personal information through social media. Do not post or direct message sensitive personal, confidential, and financial information via social media. Keep your personal information secure and private.
Social media sites are not affiliated with Potomac. Please review the current privacy policies and terms of service for each site.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns please go to our website or contact information. Please note we cannot reply to every comment or message. Potomac cannot answer customer service related questions via social media. Social media should not be used to open an account, to request a transaction, to ask personal customer service questions, to ask about your investments, or for the submission of any claim, complaint, or product inquiry.